Cats fascinate us day after day. They surprise us again and again and think of other things every day to astonish us. But how well do you know your baby and his fellows? Did you know about these ten fascinating cat facts?
Even as an experienced cat owner, you do not always know everything about velvet paws. Or do you know how much time cats sleep over their lives? How many different sounds can cats make? And how similar is the cat brain to the human?
1. Cats sleep on average about two-thirds of their life. So a 12-year-old girl in life is only about 4 years awake.
2. The head of a cat always stays at the same height level during the hunt. Dogs and humans, on the other hand, move their heads up and down.
3. Did you know that male cats are mostly left-handed and female mostly right-handed? Actually, it should be called left and right paw.
4. Which brain is more similar to humans - that of a cat or that of a dog? The answer is that a cat's brain is more like humans. Thus, emotions arise in both in the same brain regions.
5. Your cat is not really happy about sweets? No wonder, cats can not taste sweets. The science here is based on a mutation, as a result of which the sweet taste receptors have been lost.
6. A cat can make about 100 different sounds. For comparison, a dog comes with barks, growls and Co. just about ten noises.
7. The term "cat" comes from the Old High German "kazza", the origin of which is not beyond doubt, however.
8. The cat's hearing is more than three times better than the human. This allows cats to perceive sounds with frequencies of up to 65, 000 hertz, while humans hear only up to 20, 000 hertz.
9. Take a deep look into your cat's eyes. You will find that she has vertical pupils there. These are important in terms of light and, in combination with the so-called multifocal lenses, ensure that cats can see crisp and sharp during the day and night.
10. The classic: A cat sits on the tree and does not come down anymore. It's true, cats really have problems with the descent from the tree. This is due to the bend of their claws. These are bent so that they can not climb upside down.